THE GOVERNMENT OF EMBU COUNTY
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
TENDER NUMBER: CGE/E0I/NARIGP/01/2018-2019
THE NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL AND RURAL INCLUSIVE GROWTH PROJECT (NARIGP)
The National Agricultural and Rural Inclusive Growth Project [NARIGP] is a Government of Kenya initiative funded by World Bank/ International Development Association [IDA]. The project development objective [PDO] is "to increase agricultural productivity and profitability of targeted rural communities in selected Counties." As one of the implementing Counties, the Government of Embu County hereby invites eligible Service Providers [SPs] consortia to provide technical and advisory services to farmer and community organizations in anyone or more of the following priority value chains to be supported under the project; [i] Indigenous Chicken [ii]Dairy cow [iii] Green grams and [iv]Mangoes.
WHAT ARE THE GAPS AND NEEDS?
The SPs will undertake the following major activities with a view of increasing productivity at farm level and profitability at all levels of the selected value chain;
· Mobilizing smallholder farmers into common interest groups (CIGs) and vulnerable and marginalized groups (VMGs), building their capacities to plan, implement, manage, and monitor community-level micro-projects along their priority VCs;
· Federating CIGs and VMGs capacitated above to join existing Producer Organizations(POs) (or form new ones in cases where none exist) along priority VCs;
· Providing advisory services on primary production TIMPs (Technologies, Innovations, and Management Practices)-such as improved inputs, animal husbandry, and agronomic practices-to increase agricultural productivity.
· Management of natural resources, particularly soil and water, which are critical to improving agricultural productivity and the well-being of rural communities.
· Providing technical (value addition), business (planning and management), financial (access to credit/finance), and organizational (leadership and governance) advisory services; and linking them to markets and value addition opportunities.
· Fostering and enabling environment for the private sector and PPPs to operate and grow.
Interested individual SPs or consortia of agricultural professionals from public and private companies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Faith Based Organizations (FBOs), Co-operatives, Academia, extension agents, researchers, input suppliers among others are invited to submit the following documents:
· A1 page cover letter for EOI signed by the head of the organization.
· Copies of registration certificates PIN and VAT (where applicable)
· Audited accounts for the last two years.
· Company/Organizational profile of the lead applicant describing experience in offering the services outlined in II above.
· List of relevant work/ services undertaken in the last 5 years by the lead applicant (including the on-going projects)
Name of the Project
Name of the Client
Scope of work including counties
Duration of Contract
Contract price (Kshs.)
List of professional staff and their qualification proposed for this assignment;
· 2 page curriculum vitae of the key management team
· List of consortium partner(s) if any, 2 paragraph description of the strength the partner brings and a list of key professional staff from each partner and their qualifications.
The selection process will be conducted in three stages;
· Stage 1: Expression of interest (EOI) received from organizations that have submitted all required documentation will be reviewed by the evaluation committee. Shortlisted applicants will be notified accordingly.
· Stage 2: The term of reference (TOR) and request for proposal for the assignment will be shared with the shortlisted applicants who will be invited to submit a technical and financial proposal. The technical and financial proposal will be evaluated following the guidelines outlined in the request for proposal.
Send a hardcopy of the completed EOI in a clearly marked envelope to:
THE COUNTY SECRETARY,
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF EMBU,
P.O. BOX 36-60100,
Deadline for the submission of the EOI is, 10.00 am on 15th April, 2019. EOI bids will be opened immediately thereafter in the presence of the firm’s representatives who may choose to attend. Late bids will be rejected.
FOR THE ACCOUNTING OFFICER, DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES
By Stephen Otieno:
The risk of joblessness appears
By Stephen Otieno:
Unless you inherited a property,